Tuesday, August 24, 2010

"Havah: the Story of Eve" by Tosca Lee


What I have to say...
You know a book is good when you finish reading it and think to yourself “Man, do I love to read.” That is what happened to me when I read Tosca Lee’s Havah: the Story of Eve. When I wasn’t reading it, I was literally dreaming about it. We know about Adam and Eve, Cain and Abel, and Lee fills the reader in on the in-between-the-lines as she would imagine it to have been. Havah starts off with a poetic feel, which is fitting, I think, coming from the female voice-that of Havah’s. I think sometimes we get stuck in these stories we’ve always heard, barely understanding. Lee finds the heart of Eve in this story, connecting the reader to that which we came. I’ve recently started to track my family tree, and as I find things out about my ancestors I find out why I am certain ways. We are so lucky to have accounts of our earliest ancestors and Lee finds their humanness, connecting us to where we came. You will have to keep telling yourself that this is fiction; that it is not fiction at all. As soon as I closed the back cover, I cracked open Genesis, I just had to see where the lines crossed! I don’t think I will ever read my bible the same again; I will try to look at the heart of who I am reading about.
http://www.bhpublishinggroup.com/fiction/products.asp?p=9781433668791#about
Havah: Author Spotlight video
Havah: Book Trailer video
http://www.amazon.com/Havah-Tosca-Lee/dp/1433668793/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1282668567&sr=1-1

No comments:

Post a Comment