Thursday, September 3, 2020

"Firefly Lane," by Kristin Hannah

 

For those who told me this was one of your favorite Kristin Hannah books; I would love to know why? This book came highly recommended and so I'm genuinely curious.

I've read 4 of her books and id this was the first I probably wouldn't have read another. Character development was close to Bill, not only was the main relationship toxic, but so were about 4 others. Not only were the relationships outrageously dysfunctional but I found them incredibly unrealistic. Then wham...let's fire up your empathy to save the story?! (I'm guessing that is why people.love it so?) Ughhhh! I can guess what happens in book 2 pretty easily.

I'm quite shocked Netflix is taking this on. I kept reading it because I wanted to know if what I thought would happen did....like bad reality TV, upsetting addicting. And yet I wouldn't recommend it. I'm guessing they are taking it on for the addictive quality, the empathy aspect, and Hannah's (other than this books) deserved popularity


No comments:

Post a Comment