Saturday, July 23, 2016

Book Review: "Broken Angels" by Gemma Liviero

Photo credit: Netgalley

    Broken Angels (Lake Union Publishing), by Gemma Liviero, follows the lives of three individuals during WWII.  Both Jewish and Aryan the three characters all face the harsh realities of such an ugly period in history.  The alternating points of view gave fresh air to the story when often times, as stories told about this period of time, became hard to read.  These three viewpoints also brought to light parts of the war I'd never read of before, and I am an avid reader of WWII stories.  It shows how war changes people; even those who seem to have a higher status too become broken.
     All three characters (even the German one) are easy to get attached too.  The story is both heartbreaking and redemptive.  I absolutely recommend it; especially if you are drawn to stories of the war.

Broken Angels  was published April 2016.

I received a digital copy of this book from Netgalley in exchange for a fair and honest review.  All thoughts are my own

Challenge Participant
Professional Reader

I received a review copy


No comments:

Post a Comment