Sunday, June 12, 2016

Book Review: "The Tears of Dark Water" by Corban Addison





 
I've been putting off writing up a review on The Tears of Dark Water (Thomas Nelson), by Corban Addison, and I couldn't really tell you why because it was a very good book. I expected it to be; I have yet to read a book published by Thomas Nelson that I do not like.

This was the first novel I've ever read about a pirate hijacking. A man whose family is falling apart decides to follow a sailing dream as a last stitch effort to save his son and hopefully his marriage. Off the coast of Somalia their boat is hijacked by pirates. The brilliance in this novel is not taking a common headline and molding a story from a few words. The brilliance is in including every side of the story. Addison let's you into each family members' story, the FBI, the attorney, but most interestingly the pirate. The pirate's story is what pulls everything together and makes it interesting; makes sense out of the madness.

It isn't as suspenseful as one might think. It's a story about hope, forgiveness, and reconciliation. It's a story about the nitty gritty dirty little details of life. Addison is a great story teller and I can't wait to read more. I'm so honored to have been asked to review this novel.




The Tears of Dark Water was published on October 13, 2015.




I received this ARC from Thomas Nelson/Netgalley in exchange for a fair and honest review. All thoughts are my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment