Sunday, January 19, 2014

"Frog Music" by Emma Donoghue

Photo credit: Goodreads
 








 
I received Frog Music (Little, Brown and Company,) by Emma Donoghue, for free via Goodreads First Reads. Had I not, I'm not sure I would have stuck with it. The storyline is interesting enough (at least the concept is). However, it was far too crude for my liking, especially in places that didn't lend to plot development. To be honest I was much more interested in the story once I finished and discovered it's based off true circumstances. The mystery behind that is quite interesting, and I'm not sure this novel played it proper homage. If the main characters were my ancestors I'm not sure I would be pleased at the assumptions placed upon their characters.  I would not necessarily recommend the novel, but would neither dissuade a reader from picking it up.
Expected publication: April 1st 2014

No comments:

Post a Comment