Tuesday, February 3, 2009

"Marley and Me"-John Grogan



Go to: http://johngroganbooks.com/index.cgi
  • Author bio, Q&A, contact info

  • Books

  • Events

  • Blog

  • Media Clips

  • Reviews

  • Share Your Stories


Go to the Marley and Me website: http://johngroganbooks.com/marley/index.html

  • Books

  • Author Bio, Q&A, contact info, tour schedule

  • Blog

  • Share Your Stories

  • Book excerpt

  • photos of Marley

Go to: http://www.harpercollins.com/

What I have to Say:

Marley and Me-John Grogan

Take this from someone who is deathly afraid of dogs, Marley is one worth reading about. Why in the world would someone who is so afraid of dogs choose to read a book about one, especially one so terribly behaved? Simply, because I want to see the movie, but I just had to read the book before I watched the movie.
Let me tell you that I am a Marley fan. In Marley and Me, John Grogan not only tells crazy stories of Marley’s terrible behavior, but takes the reader through a journey with the Grogan family. That family does include Marley. I was hooked from the moment newlyweds John and Jenny went to pick out a puppy to decide whether or not they could nurture kids, to Marley’s old age.
Marley not only made me laugh, and glad that I didn’t have to make the repairs or clean up his messes, but Marley made me cry. I became emotionally involved in this story and by the end I was completely in tears. I probably would have run screaming from Marley, but I am glad to have gotten the chance to read about him. I will definitely see the movie.





No comments:

Post a Comment